Shiloh is an inspiring place where volunteers are supported to help make a lasting difference in people’s lives. We are very proud of our achievements, especially that in 2018 we received the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
It is a significant award which really highlights the impressive ongoing commitment and dedication of our volunteer team.
We really value everyone who gives up their time to serve others and you are invited to join us.
If you join us, you will be joining other volunteers who make up the backbone of an enthusiastic team of people who are here because they want to and are able to make a difference to people’s lives and well being.
Our staff and volunteer teams are made up of people from different beliefs and faiths, so all are welcome to apply. However we do ask that you demonstrate an empathy with the vision, values, and mission of the Charity.
If you are interested in joining us in any of the roles listed below please complete the relevant application form or get in touch to arrange a visit and find out more.
Shiloh is a small but growing charity with ambitious plans for the future expansion of its services. To help us grow, we are looking for experienced people to join our board of trustees. The Board is responsible for setting the strategy and policies for Shiloh and guides and supports the Chief Executive and their staff.
Join our friendly welcome team and assist in the running of our busy support service. There’s a variety of roles within the team including:
- Meeting, greeting and chatting to our guests
- Helping guests access well-being facilities including, the laundry, clothing, showers or hair dresser, and also external services who visit Shiloh e.g. benefits/housing/pastoral/training/education/medical care.
- Sift, sort and filter donations (particularly clothing and food)
- Serve Tea/Coffee and replenish the refreshments
- Host an informal group or activity e.g. table tennis/ pool competitions etc
- Mentoring – support a guest one to one and help get their lives back on track.
- Kitchen Team
We have a large commercial kitchen and we are looking for a variety of people who can help us to prepare breakfast and lunch, teas and coffees plus serving the food at the bain-marie and assisting with cleaning duties and stock rotation. Food is one of the main reasons our guests visit us, so we need many hands to help serve them well.