We desperately need your support to help us to change lives and help people out of homelessness. We rely on voluntary donations to provide support, advice, training and activities to everyone who comes to us for help. All of our services and activities are provided to the homeless free of charge. We welcome donations of money, clothing, food and household goods.
We are indebted to the people who have helped us to help others’ by their generous giving and support – we’re making a difference because of them!
- One-off or Regular Financial Giving
We love to receive regular direct debit and standing order donations. It’s the most helpful donation we could receive as it directly funds the life changing services we provide which are aimed at ending homelessness. Please contact your bank/building society to set up the instruction using the details below and please get in touch and let us know so that we can keep you informed and thank you for your support:
One off donations can also be made either via bank transfer or through Virgin Money Giving or Paypal (please note if you donate via Paypal, it may take up to 45 days for the transaction to reach us, but we will acknowledge it when it comes through). Alternatively, you can also send a cheque payable to ‘Shiloh Rotherham’ to 15 Station Road, Masbrough, Rotherham, S60 1HN.
- One-off Fundraising and Events
If you want to arrange your own event, please do! Let us know what you are doing, when you are doing it and we shall offer what support we can. We can give you poster templates, branded vests, logos, collection buckets and tins. Click here to download one of our Shiloh Sponsorship Forms
- Gift Aid
This really makes a difference for us! You can boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate. Click here to download our gift aid form which you can email or post back to us so that we can claim extra funds from the government.
Leave a Gift in Your Will
We rely heavily on voluntary donations to provide support, advice, training and activities to everyone who comes to us for help. A gift in your will, large or small, would make a real difference to our work.
We have teamed up with Bequeathed who offer free wills and valuable advice. Their simple and convenient service allows you to make the right will for you in the way that best suits you – online, face to face or over the phone. You can take the first step by starting their online interview at any time. The detailed guidance throughout the process will help you to consider everything you need to think about when making a will, and to identify any issues where expert legacy advice could be valuable. To start making your will online now, just click here or click the banner to visit Bequeathed
Shop & Support
- Amazon – We know that some people like to buy gifts for our homeless guests, so to help you, we have created a new Amazon Smile Wish List. The list includes a range of items which will help us to resource our service. Simply follow the link below to visit our Amazon wishlist. When you’ve chosen your gift, just add it to your Amazon basket and proceed to delivery options and payment details. You can either get your gift delivered to your own address and then drop this off at Shiloh in person, or you could get them delivered straight to us at: FAO Shiloh Rotherham, Station Road, Masbrough, Rotherham, S60 1HN.
- eBay – eBay for Charity is another simple way to support Shiloh while buying and selling items on eBay. If you’re selling you can choose to donate a percentage of your sales (for more information, visit the eBay for Charity website). If you’re buying things from eBay then why not bid for items on our Shiloh Rotherham eBay page?
Donate Clothing, Food & Goods
- Even though our Centre is temporarily closed to large groups of guests, we are still accepting donations Monday to Friday 9.30-2.30pm. We have a social distancing system in place, where we ask donors to leave items in the visitor porch.
- Clothing – You can donate 24/7 using our clothing bank. We welcome all clothing, shoes/trainers, bags, towels, sheets and blankets. We particularly need good condition branded clothing. We always keep a good stock of free clothing for our guests to have whenever they need them. We also sell some of these items on eBay to raise funds to cover the centre’s running costs – this project involves our guests, who can volunteer their time and learn how to prepare, photograph, list online and post/package items for sale. All valuable skills in preparation for their new future.
- Food – We are currently delivering lunch to those living in temporary accommodation. We need items for single person lunch bags, including: 1) individually wrapped cereal bars/biscuits/confectionery, 2) Cans/Cartons of drink 3) Small fruit items – e.g. apples, satsumas 4) Small bags of crisps. If you would like to donate other food items, please consider supporting the Rotherham Food Bank which is a lifeline to many local people in need.
- Household goods – Brand new single/double duvets, pillow cases and duvet covers are welcome (we can’t accept nearly new/used). We are currently fully stocked with sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and sheets.
- Toiletries/Cleaning/Consumables – We are very well stocked for male and female toiletries and sanitary ware, but we do often need: 1) Toilet Rolls & Kitchen Roll 2) Heavy Duty Bin Bags 3) Floor Cleaner Solution 4) J-cloths.
Shiloh Rotherham – A place of Support